Subject: UNODC is seeking your expression of interest - Secure Communication Platform for Central Authorities (Mutual Legal Assistance)
From: "UNODC-Legal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 12:55:37 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear colleague:

The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) has the pleasure to 
address this e-mail to you, in your capacity as a criminal justice 
practitioner working within a designated central authority under the United 
Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime (UNTOC), the United 
Nations Convention against Corruption (UNCAC) and the 1988 United Nations 
Convention against Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic 
Substances.

UNODC is exploring the feasibility of putting in place a secure 
communication platform to facilitate direct messaging communication and 
exchanges among central authorities dealing with MLA requests.

In this regard, UNODC is examining different technical solutions and 
communication tools, including, as appropriate and considering the needs of 
authorities involved in mutual legal assistance, the application currently 
used for secure exchange of information under the 
<https://globenetwork.unodc.org/> Global Operational Network of Law 
Enforcement Authorities which facilitates transnational cooperation on 
corruption cases (GlobE Network).l

At this stage, UNODC is kindly requesting your expression of interest in 
joining a secure communication platform for real-time messaging to 
communicate with counterparts in other countries when dealing with MLA 
requests.

In this regard, your kind response to the below 5-question survey will allow 
UNODC to inform national delegations attending the fifteenth meeting of the 
Working Group on International Cooperation of the COP-UNTOC (to be held on 
5-6 June 2024) about final decisions on the preferred tool/platform to be 
used for the secure communication among central authorities.

https://forms.gle/QZzcqK7h2E2KEUCs8

The survey will be open to receive your feedback until 17 May 2024.

Should you have any questions, please contact Ms. Citlalin Castaneda de la 
Mora, Associate Legal Officer, Conference Support Section, Organized Crime 
and Illicit Trafficking Branch, Division for Treaty Affairs, United Nations 
Office on Drugs and Crime, by email: [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ; or by telephone: +43 (0) 1-260-60-5496.